7.20.2005

Don't Let's Start

I'm still around.

So, here I am. I'm 21 years old now. Things feel a bit different as I'm sure they should. Take this moment as an example. I'm drinking (and have been for a while. pardon any typos) the Guinness Extra Stout that I was permitted to buy when the man asked for my ID. Strange feeling. No more asking elder friends for their assistance so that I can commence alcoholic indulgence.

My 21st birthday was great. I had a wonderful time. Typically, people will go out with their friends and end the night in a toilet, or curled up in a bed soaked in their own bodily excrements. Not I, though. I spent the evening with my ever-so loving girlfriend who knew JUST how to make my birthday memorable. Wonderful times that I'll never forget.

On an unrelated (but much more important) note, my application for photo-lab manager has been completed and turned in. I'm not expecting a response until later this week, so any mojo you fabulous net-wanderers can throw my way would be greatly appreciated.

Oh oh OH! Another thing. For some reason, I've been overcome with this astounding fondness of Texas Hold-Em. Don't ask me why, how, or when (not that 'you' would, because 'you' doesn't really exists since no one reads this)...Because I couldn't really tell you. Well, actually, I take that back. I think I may have gained an interest in the game after seeing Rounders. I don't think I'll grant that movie the title of "Sole Inspiration" though. A couple of the other weblogs I read have featured articles about the game. Naturally, the "hmm, maybe I should try this" everyone gets from ANY form of media influence found a place in my head. But, I digress. I've been into all types of poker games for a long time (since I was about 10), so I think the Texas Hold-Em interest was just a natural evolutionary step to fix my poker crave. What can I say? I love to gamble.

I've been playing online Hold-Em over at holdempoker.com. It's interesting how they can make Play Money games feel stressful like a real money game.

Anyway, it's drunk and I'm very 2 AM. Until next time.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Eric,

Happy Birthday Man! You are such a young'n. LOL... Now that you're 21, when you are ever around, I will take you down to the bar and get you a drink. Right now I'm 22 until March rolls around again. Well have fun and be careful. Btw my yahoo account name is gweniverestar incase you have yahoo messenger.

Until Later.

Jesi

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Eric! Gratz on your 21st year of survival. Buy me some Jack Daniels damnit.

Anonymous said...

OMG UPDATE PLZ K THX!!!1!one!2