8.11.2007

It's a Girl

We had our first ultrasound yesterday, and we got to see our baby for the first time. I never knew it before, but you can actually see the baby moving and everything during those things. It was definitely one of the biggest "Holy Shit" moments in my life. I've stared at my computer screen for 5 minutes now trying to describe how it felt, but I can't quite put words on it. It was breathtaking.

Everything looked okay; there were two hands, feet and eyes. The spine looked good, as did the brain and heart. Also, according to the ultrasound tech, she's measuring just a few days ahead of the scheduled date of January 3rd. Apparently that's pretty normal, so they didn't adjust her due date.

She's become more active, and has started to move around lately. Shana says that she was kicking like crazy today. Unfortunate for me because I'm waiting for my chance to feel a kick. Someday soon, I'm sure.

So, world, say your first hello to Kyleigh

No comments: