6.22.2005

I’d Rather be Whistling in the Dark

I just finished uploading the VERY early version of Eric's Music Library v2.0. Check it out if you'd like. There isn't any real content up yet, but I plan to fix that by the weekend, or during the weekend.

With that site, I'm actually TRYING to get the minimalistic look. I don't want it all overblown like it was before. If you don't like simple sites, then you won't like that site. I can't really see a reason why someone wouldn't like a simple site, unless they just don't like reading without a lot of pretty graphics to keep them occupied as their simple mind wanders. But, you're not one of those people. You're here reading a weblog. So, I suggest you look at my site, and throw some suggestions at the e-mail address posted in the left sidebar. My main battle with the design was: Should I go with black sidebars, or dark blue? I settled on dark blue, but, like I said before, this is a very early version. Many things are going to change.

Moving along...

In my last post, I spoke of my first day at a new job. Well, aside from the fact that I got VERY little sleep due to a fit of anxiety (no, not an anxiety attack), coupled with a sinus headache, things went pretty good. My manager and I worked together on a short-term strategy for getting the lab back up to decent condition. It was brought to my attention that I am the unofficial assistant manager. Factor in a slight ego boost, adjusted for inflation of the self-esteem, and you have me feeling pretty damn good about myself. I still make the same pay I did before, and I can't really boss anyone around (in a non jack-ass way), but my manager is confiding in me for the success of this "transformation."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you.

Eric said...

For...??

Anonymous said...

you called me twice? I didn't answer because my phone didn't ring and I have no missed calls... :P Prolly cuz it was in my pocket and it very rarely gets service while I'm sitting in this chair, let alone when it's in my pocket. sorry. You should try again, because I think the only number I have you is your parent's house, and if I do have more than one number for you, I wouldn't be able to tell the difference... (I called the landlord twice the other day because for some reason his number was listed under a friend of mine's...)