6.21.2005

It's a simple message, and I'm leaving out the whistles and bells

Tomorrow is my first day at a new job.

I have the same title, and work for the same company, but I'm moving to a different location. This is unfortunate, as I was just getting comfortable with all the people I worked with at the last place I was at. I suppose my previous post will be tested in this new environment. Hopefully I'll live up to the resolution I made at the end of it.

Ultimately, I'm really looking forward to it. I'm being sent in so I can help straighten the place out. Apparently my supervisors feel I'm a good worker, and will be able to get them back on their feet. Then again, perhaps they just didn't want me working for them. Who knows? Either way, if I prove myself there, I've been told that I can be in a good position to make the jump into management. One can only hope, but I know that I would be ecstatic if such a title was bestowed upon me.

Two smaller points that don't deserve full entries:

Note 1: Eric's Music Library is back up and running. The layout is still there, but I'm pretty sure I'm going to redo it and make it less...overwhelming?

Note 2: I've always liked the idea of a person adding, at the end of a journal/weblog entry, what music their listening to (a la LiveJournal/DeadJournal). Since I'm one that constantly listens to music while I'm at my computer, I like keeping track of my listening trends. So, in an effort to do that here, I'm going to link each title to the lyrics of a song that most would put in the little "Currently Listening to" spot on their LiveJournals. I despise the typical LiveJournal crowd (Belv and Sara excluded), but that's one thing they have going for them.

No comments: