5.26.2006

Reds vs. Diamondbacks

Me, my fiance, and a two of our friends (who happen to be dating) went out to the ballgame tonight. It was a good time. The last time I went to a Major League game was when I was barely knee-high to a something that's small. So, I didn't really recall the finer points of a good old fashioned baseball game until we got there. Like the four dollar 20 oz. Mountain Dew, or maybe the five dollar pretzel. Ahhh, breathe it in America. Our newest pastime is capitalism!

Buy me some peanuts and cracker jack, and say goodbye to your 401k.

Haha, enough ranting.

In all honesty though, it was a great time. Recently (the past 5 years or so) I haven't really been into any kind of (popular) sport, but going to the game tonight brought back my old fondness of baseball. Maybe it was the atmosphere, or perhaps it was the action on the field...Possibly a combination of the two, I'm not sure, but it was definitely A+++++++ would go again!

Cincinnati lost, but I don't give a damn about who wins or loses. What I DO give a damn about is pictures. Lots and lots of pictures! Which I took, and have, to SHARE!

These aren't all I took, but these are the ones I bothered to resize.

Group shot~!!!!211!



Some pitcher guy wailing the ball



Panoramic Pitch. The ball is the white dot 1/3 of the way from the left.



A guy with a ball for a head. I call him Ballhead.



Some guy at bat swinging...the bat...



So that's that. I spoke to the future Mrs. about making this a regular thing (eventually), but downtown Cincinnati necessitates some wicked crazy driving habits. People just don't realize how dangerous those vehicles can be! Say someone is being chased by a police officer, and the guy running from the police rams the police car in a desperate attempt to get away. The guy that rams the police cruiser would get charged with "Assault with a Deadly Weapon." So it's true! Cars are machines engineered by corporations as a means of population control! You heard it here first!

2 comments:

Elliott Marlow said...

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/bookSearch/isbnInquiry.asp?r=1&isbn=080652720X

Tell me this is not the greatest book ever written.

Eric said...

haha, man, I subscribed to a mailing list about a year ago when I first heard that maddox was releasing a book. About a month ago I got an e-mail from the list giving all the details on it. It even included a HUGE picture of the cover which made it's way to my desktop background.

I bet some good songs could be influenced by that book.