2.07.2005

A Few Things to Points Out

I suppose the most obvious thing I need to point out is the new page design. What do you think? Nice, eh?

Also, you may want to take a gander to your right (you may have to scroll down a bit) and notice all those links sitting there. I figured if I'm to have an online monument to myself, I should include links to sites covering a wide array of subjects that strike my fancy. Make no mistake of it, though...That list is far from complete. I mostly just wanted to get a general layout for the section, and then add to it as I go.

AND!!!

(this is the good shit coming up)

Syndication feed! Now, rather than tediously thumbing through the vast internet just to find your refuge here, I can be delivered to your screen in a very tidy and convenient manner. As of right now, I have the link to the feed with the title up there. I'm trying to find a better place to put it, but that seems cool for now.

So, you're asking yourself: "Self, what's a syndication feed?"

Ask no longer, weary traveler. For, I have your answer right here in a passage ripped from the blogger FAQ:

When a regularly updated site such as a blog has a feed, people can subscribe to it using software for reading syndicated content called a "newsreader." People like using readers for blogs because it allows them to catch up on all their favorites at once. Like checking email—without the SPAM.


Now that we have that lined up, I suppose the wise thing for me to do is recommend a reader. Well, the one I use (for Windows) is SharpReader. It works quite well. For Mac users, I've heard many good things about NetNewsWire. If you're using Linux, I don't need to recommend anything, because I'm sure you already have the aggregator of your desire.

So, remember, just click the link in the title up there for the feed.

Free subscriptions while supplies last.

No comments: